The Truth is in the Wind

I realized something when I went out yesterday evening.  I don't get enough time outside.  I haven't walked briskly in the open air along the trail by the beach in months (I used to do this almost every day).  When was the last time I read a book cover to cover?  I cannot recall.  And how about Pilates?  (something I used to love and look forward to just for the sheer joy of stretching and relaxing) Honestly?  I can't remember the last time I did a full work out or Pilates session more than a day or two in a row.  It's been months.

My heart sunk as I stood in the open, breezy air as people walked by with their dogs and each other or alone.  All the things I'm neglecting are healthy for my heart and soul in the most intrinsic ways.  They make me who I am.  When I was thinking back on all the fun tourists I've met out on walks...oh the conversations I've had and stories I could tell.  And books?  Books are some of my best friends!  I have been robbing them of my time.  Truthfully?  I've been robbing myself.  Of just slowing down and pointedly taking time every day to focus on living and thinking, not doing.

Do you ever feel like this?  Like you're just going, going, going and you know things are slipping, but then one day the weight of it all bears down on you in a passing glance, a visit from a friend, or the wind in your hair?  Things have got to change.

 Tonight I caught some rays.
I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.
I let the wind have its way with my hair.
 I stood for a long time just looking out.  
The railing was new (that never happens in my neighborhood)
and I felt sad that I didn't even know we got new railing along the path.
It was cool beneath my hand.
I might've walked a bit, but had on some 'not made for much walking shoes'.
But there's always tomorrow.
And that really encouraged me because realizing you have
time to make a change is just as good as realizing you
want to change something.

Hope your week is moving along smoothly and splendidly, but filled with enough time for you :)

Outfit details:  Tucker for Target Blouse, Tucker by Gaby Basora Belt (gifted), Gap Denim, Steven Madden Clogs, Sorial Handbag, PANYC leather/metal bracelet, Melinda Maria Pyramid and Tiger Bangles, Ring.
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved