Make New Friends, But Keep The Old

Saturday afternoon found me in a hot mess of places I've temporarily sworn off of (think wallet restriction) - J.Crew, Free People, Zara, Barneys...  Why do I do this to myself?  Is it on purpose?  Perhaps to test my volition?  Quite honestly, I don't have a specific answer.  All I know is I escaped with wallet intact and two pairs of tights in bag. (Okay and a jacket.  But it was on steep sale so I get a pass).  Whatever the case, something wonderful happened as we strolled about - I was stopped at least ten times by women and men asking where I got my boots.  It's a wonderful feeling when you've leapt off your wallet for something you love only to find yourself twelve months later with strangers sharing your sentiments - especially when you're trying to save yourself from falling into boot cavern 2010. 

Making new friends is a treasured experience (present company included of course!), but there is something delicious about having old ones who know your secrets.  These are the relationships that don't require words, where trust has been built upon a firm foundation of shared good and bad times.  And so it goes, at least for me anyway, with my closet.  I love to go on the hunt for a new certain something - a dress, a unique ring or bangle for the jewelry collection, the perfect pair of jeans...or even better - the ultimate boot.  The act of discovering that "thing" is oftentimes just as exciting as the thing itself - but the relationship is truly put to the test once I get it home.  Is it as great as I thought it was?  Does it work with as many things as I'd anticipated?  Do I still want to wear it all the time after a couple of months?  Only the test of time will tell.  And so it has been with my military boots.  They have proven to be a never fail - I jumped at the chance to wear them in the summer when it was cool.  At first sight of fall I busted them out here in what turned out to be one of my favorite outfit posts yet.  And on Saturday they helped me to remember (as did everyone who complimented them) that I don't neeeeeeeeeed a new pair of boots.  Only a new pair of heels.  I kid, I kid!!

Now that I think about it every single item in this outfit
has been with me for at least a year - some closer to two.

James Perse Cotton/Cashmere Thermal, J.Crew Military Jacket,
Aritzia Leggings, Joie Boots, J.Crew Argyle Socks (you can't see haha)

 We haven't quite mastered the gloomy day camera settings, 
but somehow the faded images fit the day perfectly.

 My bad the bag has only been around for 3 or 4 months,
but with how often it's seen here you can probably tell it's a fave.
And it was one of those - see it, have to have it, step away from it Carrie, 
can't get it out of my mind, gotta return and get it! items.
You know those, right? hehe

And while we're on the shopping topic, how is your fall wardrobe coming along?  Have you been able to work in some of your old friends and keep the new ones to a minimum?  Or do you find yourself in a whole new circle of friends? hehe  Would love to hear what some of your faves currently are.  And hopefully the weekend was kind to you as well.  Oh Mondays - they sure to reappear quickly.

Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved