Sneak Peek: Tucker by Gaby Basora Holiday 2010

Okay so all of you know I love Tucker so much I'm ready to marry it.   

*If you just started following recently check out the ongoing love affair here, here and here  for starters, but it's scattered throughout in photos.*

After posing in the field wearing my Mrs. Roper throwback, I received a wonderful email from the people at Tucker who kinda loved that outfit on me as much as I did.  Suffice it to say extreme excitement ensued and the next thing you knew I was jumping up and down possibly letting out shouts of glee (hehe) before gathering myself momentarily only to read on and discover they wanted to send me their Holiday Lookbook aka my marital vows.  When I received the package late last week on hell day (where coincidentally I donned more Tucker to cheer myself up), the heavens opened and the Chef's credit cards ran and hid in the corner.  Ladies start your wallets....it's time to devise your Christmas/Holiday lists! 

I can't share the whole book with you (because I'd be scanning until 2011 on my useless scanner and by then it would all be gone), but was sent the following images to tide you over until the entire line is unveiled.  It will be available by 11/1 on their site:  www.tuckerbygabybasora.com - and all I'm saying is think shawls, maybe a cheetah print coat, a smattering of velvet, more gorgeous outerwear, and, of course, their signature rich prints in the most amazing colors yet.  Let your mind wander with every possible way a silk print can be made into a garment and you will find it in this collection.  The pieces are incredibly innovative and whimsical.  I have yet to recover and basically look at the book 50 times a day swooning like Felicity over Ben Covington when he signed her yearbook on the grass after graduation (can I hear it from all the Felicity fans who still remember the pilot episode?? woop woop!!).

Well, hello blouse.  What was that, shorts?  You're looking for a good home?
Look no further.  Please feel free to invite your good friends, the socks.

Seriously though - look at the shimmery print on this camisole.  
Imagine it beneath the Persian Bomber jacket they did for Target.  
At least that's how I'm imagining it. sigh
Maybe with a tweed wide leg trouser to complete the ensemble?

 This pleated skirt might be one of my fave items - for both now and winter.
It looks great with tights, you can see the swoosh it's going to bring,
and would also be outstanding with a knee high chocolate boot.
The blouse speaks for itself. 

And last, but certainly not least, the Signature Dress.  
I don't know about you, but the way this outfit has been styled
may have finally sealed the deal for me on socks in heels.
I was on the fence, but these pale colored socks against the 
sheen on the shoes and the dress are so incredibly feminine.
True love

So what do you think?  If you're taken with these pieces, just wait until you see the rest of it.  It is beautifully styled and they actually have a video up on their site right now that displays some of what is coming.  It is positively dreamy.

I'd like to thank the kind people at Tucker for forwarding these images to share with all of you, as well as for the Holiday Lookbook and special treats (belt and tote to be seen in upcoming posts)
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved