Blue Dots and Velvet

Okay velour, but velvet sounds better and who am I to mess with words?

Here we are at Wednesday - a few days to the weekend.  Yippee!!  I have mixed emotions as I type because this weekend will be filled with things to do that don't entail much lying in bed and relaxing (favorite pastime hehe).  All I can think about is how Monday may be met with exhaustion and that causes a bit of stress on the heart.  However yesterday afternoon I managed to alleviate just a little bit of that stress by putting together a very fun outfit for an event I have on Saturday that is casual, yet requiring a bit of sass.  The kind where you don't want to show up over-dressed, yet under-dressed will not be a good scenario either.  Long live Closet Quest 2010. (And living in the moment for Pete's sake!!  Monday will take care of itself.)

Remember last week when I mentioned my closet dive?  (here and here if you missed)  I have to tell you I came out with some great stuff that had almost been forgotten *hangs head*.  Amongst several new old treasures was a velour moto vest I got last year at Juicy Couture (along with a couple of fur pieces that made me scream out loud with glee!!).  Today when it came out of the closet my wardrobe rolodex immediately clicked to a fab ruffled t-shirt and the rest was outfit history.  Saturday here I come!!

Tom Ford Sunnies, Juicy Couture Velour Moto Vest and Ruffled T, 
Martin+Osa Denim (RIP),
Alexander Wang Coco Handbag, Mike & Chris Boots
The fluttery goodness of the sleeves on the t-shirt makes my heart happy!
Marrying textures like velour and ruffles is simple perfection:  my fave.
I threw on a Dean Davidson necklace for bit of shine against the grey,
and to bring out the zipper contrast on the vest just a bit more.
Mike & Chris boots save the day yet again. 
These have held up for over 2 years and still keep bringin' the sass!
What was that?  Saturday's on the phone?  Okay, I'll be ready in a minute.
Ha!

Truthfully though - it's tough to know you have somewhere to go and even though you have stuff in the closet, you just aren't certain the right thing is in there.  So many times I am tempted to simply buy something, and then don't always wear it again.  A case specific purchase can be completely justified and sometimes even necessary (wedding, important meeting, big date, just to name a few...), but when I challenge myself and find a loved solution already in the closet, now that's a jackpot!!  Happy Wednesday everyone!  Any recent fab closet conquests to share?

ps-day 2 of return to workouts accomplished! yay!
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved