The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Since leaping back on the workout wagon I've had so much energy - good energy, positive energy, happy energy.  Yesterday afternoon I got a rad call from a shop girl informing me she'd nabbed a leather skirt I've been coveting that's been sold out for weeks.  Score!! Rather than freaking out about work I let myself quit a bit early and scoot out with the Chef for a game of cat and mouse aka skirt.  The night was whimsical and fun; lighthearted, filled with shared smiles and laughs with people we've grown to love and appreciate in LA - a city that once seemed so unfriendly, but has become a warm community.

After I nabbed my skirt - oh yes I did - AND made a great new friend in the fitting room (who says you can't make friends in LA??), the Chef and  I found ourselves wandering about semi-emptied stores admiring the early phases of Christmas/Holiday.  I do love this time of the year.  It leaves me nostalgic and hopeful, sentimental and happy - but also just enjoying every moment.  Sounds cheesy, but couldn't be more true.  So in the spirit of the season (before someone jacks my parking spot and flips me off) I thought I'd share some of the things that are topping my giddy list right now...whether for self or others - they bring a healthy dose of cheer!

$5 from each purchase will benefit St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
(pardon me while I purchase all 3 - this takes my newfound sequin love to a whole new level
and satisfies a need to give back to innocent ones who need our support)
  • Thanksgiving is just around the corner and I'm thinking this golden wishbone might need to arrive within the next week.  We've got a lot of wishes over here at this free bird!!
  • The Weepies newest album - 'Be My Thrill'.  To say I adore The Weepies would be an understatement.  I've been listening to their music from the beginning and am so happy to have their current album mixed into my faves right now and for always. 
  • Last night when I was strolling Anthropologie I saw the cutest Christmas tree ornaments.  Admission: my tree is filled with quirky cat ornaments, but I sense a change.  Thanks Anthro!!
  • The Holiday season is upon us...let's fill our homes with sparkle and shine like this peony candleholder from Eighteen Karat.  Makes me want to run to Vancouver right now.
  •  Speaking of sparkle and shine, I can't seem to escape these Siwy sequin pants...I might need an intervention.
  • But not before I get this ring on my finger.  I can't seem to get enough silver right now.
We closed the night at one of our fave restaurants - a place we started frequenting when we were "just friends".  It was heartwarming to have familiar servers sit down with us to catch up and dish on the latest in all our lives - people who have become our friends.  Suddenly, in the middle of everything, I recognized feeling so ridiculously happy, content, and at peace.  Living in the moment is where it's at.

Happy Wednesday everyone!!  Thanks so much for sharing your Holiday lists recently...so many great ideas to contemplate.  If you get a chance check out a list I contributed to over at Elleinad Spir - super fun!
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved