Embracing My Inner Sequin

There are a lot of great perks that go along with dating a Chef. Aside from the obvious (amazing home-cooked meals!), there is the joy of an organized fridge, having someone to ask what the crazy looking stuff is at the grocery, and my personal favorite - testing out different restaurants. The Chef is a true food connoisseur and not a snob at all. He can find just as much beauty at a hole-in-the-wall diner as there is in a 5-star restaurant, and it's one of my fave things about him.

Dining out sometimes leads us to places that provide the perfect excuse for snazzy wardrobe items, and there is nothing like a proper date!  After a super sparkly event this weekend (details coming soon) we headed out for cocktails and small bites at one of our top haunts. Confessionit was my first time adorned in sequins. Until now I had admired from afar, but after Saturday I'm on sequin crack. Having ordered some items a couple weeks ago I decided it was time to put one to the test.  Summary:  it was a love affair from the moment I put the top on until the moment I begrudgingly exchanged it for my pj's. Glitter, sparkle, shine - they bring out the best in everyone. I had the cheeriest conversations, met the most sincere smiles, and received a slew of compliments.  Does anyone know if there's a support group for sequin addicts?  I think I'm in trouble...

Then again, perhaps sequins are the solution for world peace?

J.Crew top and denim, Dulce Shoes, Foley + Corinna Bag
I mean really - where was my mind prior to now?
Any way you look at it, it's a win.  Sigh.
 Long live bling! Dyrberg & Kern and Melinda Maria Rings
And neighbors out for an evening stroll waving from across the street.
uh, awkward

Hope you had a wonderfully relaxing weekend.  So many bloggers are mentioning snow on the ground while we experienced a bit of a return to warm temperatures here in SoCal.  I managed not to slip off the eating healthy/exercising wagon.  Yippee!  Tomorrow I'll get a post in on one of my fat burning breakfast faves that also doubles as a snack.  How are you guys holding up??

Side note:  it's an early post tonight.  One of my indoor cats escaped out the back door and is on the lam.  I've gotta go do a search and rescue.  *sniffle*
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved