Faded Autumn Colors in Lace

One of my favorite things about fall is the marvelous sunsets.  I don't know if it's the crisp breeze in the air or the shortening days, but the colors lighting up the sky recently have been absolutely breathtaking.  A part of my commitment to getting back to a healthy work/life balance is making time either early in the morning or late afternoon to catch the beauty of the sun.  Have you ever noticed how colors look wonderfully warm and faded in the earliest and latest hours of the day?

Aside from the variety of texture and fabric that appears in fashion, my favorite thing about fall is muted colors:  warm greys, taupes, greens, and mauves in particular.  If you were to come over and peek into my closet you would find piles of grey sweaters in varying shades and forms.  As much as I love grey (and I do have a deep love in my heart for it (as evidenced here, here and here) - are you with me ladies?) I have to be careful or it will take over and leave me feeling a little drab, so when I saw these lace shorts at Madewell it was a no-brainer.  They are the perfect shade, add just the right amount of texture and can be dressed up or down to carry me through days and evenings into the Holiday season.
{J.Crew denim jacket, Club Monaco top, Madewell shorts, 
Falke striggings, Cordani boots}
PANYC bracelet, Melinda Maria Link Oxidized and Circle rings,
and, of course, scalloped edge perfection on the shorts.
Even if my legs are close to the same color. 
I re-discovered these boots on a closet dive recently.
(my version of an in-home dumpster dive for those of you wondering)
They were purchased on steep sale at Ped Shoes a few years ago, 
and are perfect for fall - with or without the amazing 
thigh-high striggings (also seen here) rolled down to just above the knee.
That's air billowing the blouse and not muffin top.  I swear.
And then she strolled off into the sunset and never looked back.
The End.

Happy Tuesday everyone!  Is it Thanksgiving yet?
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved