Silver Shoes Set the Night on Fire

While closet diving (apparently several of us really love this term leading me to believe we could form a little closet hoarders anonymous group - except we might not be entirely anonymous, but who's counting?) this past weekend I became reacquainted with more than a few old friends.  It all started when Olivia Palermo showed up in those Sergio Rossi silver brogues 2 summers ago.  I swear it's all her fault (remember my new excuse? olivia palermo made me do it).  Of course I never could find her exact same shoes stateside leading me on a frenzied cat and mouse chase for a similar shoe that consumed my time for months.  Never give up.  

Anyway, while up to my elbows in wardrobe overhaul 2010 I stumbled upon the shoes in their little shoe bag hanging right on the door I open and stare at daily.  Look around much, Carrie?  Thereby proving my point:  if you have too much you don't even know what you've got.  Immediate outfits began springing to mind:  leather leggings, chunky sweaters and the shoes; khaki bubble skirt (seen here), striped t-shirt and the shoes; rolled skinny denim a la my Isabel Marant obsession (seen here and here), striped t-shirt and the shoes.  A glimpse inside the mind:  {Pause.  I said striped t-shirt twice - I need to go buy one.  goes to computer and can't find one for less than $76.  Why didn't I buy that sale one for $19.99 at J.Crew??!? lamentations ensue.  I'm never going to find a striped t-shirt!! wah wah wah as full-on whining breaks out from inside the closet.}
 
Chef:  didn't you buy a striped shirt at J.Crew that time?  
Me:  No *sniff*  
Chef:  remember that time?  they were almost closing
Me:  NO!  Don't you think I'd remember buying a striped shirt since I'm looking for one now?!? *insert exasperated tone in here*

Suddenly I take a denim jacket off a hanger revealing said striped shirt.  Pride's a biznatch and sometimes you've gotta chew on it.  

Me:  Um, you mean this one? *said in sheepish voice*
Met with silence and shaking head.
I'm still trying to live it down without a leg to stand on.

Saint James Sweater, J.Crew Skinny Denim, Steve Madden brogues.
3 items create simple chic.
 Parisian Nautical
Meets Disco Saturday Night 
  Relationship ensues I guess it really is the simple things.

Please let me know in the comments if you can't see the pictures...some people are saying they can't and I just don't understand what the problem could be...technology = enemy!!
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved