The Elusive Back Door

When I was in university a couple of my friends attended college in the US and we only got to see each other on winter and summer breaks.  These guys were super fun, and my girlfriends and I looked forward to their return trips home where they schooled us about life outside Canada and seemed so very worldly.  Randy and Kenny loved a good rave and after regular club scene hours where we'd rip it up to favorites like 'Jump Around' by House of Pain, they would drag us to these after hours places that looked like abandoned buildings.  I remember being a royal pain (read: scared nerd) the first time we walked up at 2am to dead silence and pounded on the door of some warehouse in the middle of nowhere, "There's no one in there you fools!  Let's go home!!" only to have the door mysteriously swing open revealing thundering music, blinding strobe lights, and hordes of sweaty dancers who weren't ready to retire for the night.  More than once we'd lose track of time only to wander out into broad daylight on Sunday morning and head straight to breakfast.  Ahhhhhh the good old days.

When the Chef pointed out a cool looking alley the other day all I saw was the door, and it immediately took me back to a time when it seemed so cool to gain access to a place reserved only for those in "the know". 
 
Juicy Couture Fur Vest, Zara Pleated Leather Skirt, J.Crew Thigh Highs
The SKIRT!!  I saw this thing over a month ago taking a quick spin 
through Zara.  Like a fool I thought I could come back and grab it. Gone
Thus began the quest...which was completed just the other night when 
my fave shopgirl snagged the LAST one from the window display just for me.
Whew!  Cue "The search is over, you've been with me all the while..."
This is pretty much the condition we'd be in rolling into that secret door.
Okay maybe a bit less chic...but the door didn't smell like joranvandersloot urine.
And it wasn't flanked by palm trees holding crumpled up Marlboro packages.
Uh, anyone use garbage cans anymore?
Before you knew it we'd be rolling back out, donning our shades and heading
off to some diner or pizza joint for breakfast.  Ohthestomachofthecollegestudent.
T Luxury Apparel T-Shirt, Marc Jacobs Shoes, J.Crew Thigh Highs
I'm apologizing now - you may see this skirt several more times in the near future.
Imagine with a grey chunky knit sweater and military boots.
How about with flats, a poufy blouse and a denim jacket thrown over?
The possibilities are endless...a woman wanted to toss me for it in the fitting room.
It was a narrow escape thanks to the workouts.
Here's to the rest of the week going by just as quickly as the past few days.
Happy Thursday everyone!
Woop Woop (that's my rave sound - ahahahaha)

Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved