Hand in (Fur) Pocket

With Black Friday and Saturday having gone by, it was time to face reality:  there remained less than a quarter of a roll of toilet paper, zero razors and my deodorant was dangerously low meaning I'd have to leave the house (curses for not planning ahead). Of course that entails combing one's hair and, in the spirit of 45 degrees, donning something warm.  How does one recover from 4 days of sheer nothing? Go big and leave home in a fur coat to traipse about completing mundane tasks while strangers in the local neighborhood give odd sideways glances at your moderately overdone Sunday attire as you prep for operation buzzkill aka Monday morning by leaving your beloved sweats, UGGs and fuzzy sweaters behind.

Hmmmm I think I'll have a snack to go with all those other
snacks I've been consuming for days.  
Panic sets in as it dawns on me that Christmas is less than 
a month away and I have approximately zero gifts.
Suddenly I'm considering giving everyone I know coffee beans.
Yaaaaaaaawn.  Do I have to get that tp?  Don't I have some kleenex in my bag?
I stare listlessly into the tea as it steeps.  
All I know is this coat is fuzzy and warm, and the sleeve detailing is wonderful.
None of this, however, preps me to re-enter shopping crowds.
Check that woman tossin' elbows as she runs in the door at Target.
You know she threw someone to the ground like a rag doll for 
a 99 cent toaster oven left over from Friday.
I am happy to escape with just a tp purse (nifty catch phrase I came up with for
that little handle thing they attach...it always gets a smile from the Target ladies).
Joyriding around in the newfound "outdoors" (aka staying OFF the freeway) 
I spot a pink Cadillac and follow it around for 5 miles 
to ensure it is what I think it is...
Hells bells the recession hasn't hit everyone.  Mary Kay's selling like mad.
 
Next thing you know I come to, still in fur and chip in hand, at a fave
 local Mexican hangout.
The perfect end to a relaxing weekend.

Dear Monday:  Not now.

Outfit Details: Juicy Couture-Faux Fur Jacket, James Perse-Button-up, Juicy Couture-Riding Pants, Loeffler Randall-Boots, Foley+Corinna-Bag, Melinda Maria-Rings
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved